1.22.2008

Oscar Noms!

The ceremony may or may not happen, but the noms are out. Last year at this time, I'd seen only one of the Best Picture nominees. I'm doing a little better, with three under my belt:

Juno
No Country for Old Men
Atonement

Other films I've done this year that got nods:
Eastern Promises (go Viggo!)
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (Casey Affleck, in a fine supporting performance, as well as Cinematography)
Gone Baby Gone (Amy Ryan was really amazing)

1 comment:

John Das Binky said...

Having seen "There Will Be Blood" yesterday, it's worth seeing solely to do a condensed review of. Regardless of its cinematographical or thespianish merits, its structured such that it may have been written with this blog in mind.

Plus, movie line of the year: "I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!"
It totally makes sense it the movie, sort of.