4.22.2009

OH SHIT YOU GUYS

photo: binkle28

So I had this Borders gift card burning a hole in my wallet, and I thought I was going to have to spend it online, an activity that fills me with trepidation since that time I ordered the entire series of Sports Night from Target.com and then the post office "couldn't deliver it" and it got returned to Target, and Target sent me another gift card to replace the one I bought Sports Night with because for some reason they were OUT of Sports Night when I tried to re-order it, but then I LOST that gift card before I could place the order and I STILL HAVEN'T SEEN SPORTS NIGHT. The bottom line is: our mail situation sucks. My mom bought me chopsticks from Amazon because she figured they would fit through the mail slot, and then they were literally shipped in a box that could have held a small dog.

So I was really happy when I was riding the bus and saw a Borders. I leapt off the bus, ran in, and bought a book of crossword puzzles, and...

THIS.

DUDE.

GUYS.

This is, like, MAJOR. This is going to be fucking incredible. I've already watched one (condensed version forthcoming) and if the rest are even half as amazing, I think we're all in for a treat.

6 comments:

Laurie Stark said...

Movie Title #3 is... inappro.

John Das Binky said...

Are you taking requests? Cause I'm totally looking forward to writeups on Black Hooker, Jive Turkey, Mama Dracula, and Slave of the Cannibal God.

Also, if you even can't make rent and have a desire to move back to Wisconsin, you can totally live in my basement if I get to watch these too.

Movie Maven said...

The best part is that the DVDs have descriptions of each film, and Black Hooker sounds SO weird. It's about a "white" kid who lives with his black grandparents; his mom is their light-skinned daughter and his dad is some white dude.

Plane ticket to Wisconsin: $200
Putting all my stuff in storage: $400
Watching all 50 movies in John's basement: priceless
(p.s. are we still doing "priceless"? Probably not. Don't care.)

John Das Binky said...

The gets weirder:

http://www.ferris.edu/JIMCROW/letters/hooker/

Laura said...

Holy cow! that drive-in is seriously just a few miles from my house!

Nicole said...

You would like SportsNight - though it totally leaves you wanting more/a resolution. I have it. Next time you're in Milwaukee we'll have a marathon!