9.27.2008

Strictly Ballroom


[it is the AUSTRALIAN BALLROOM DANCING CHAMPIONSHIPS]
Scott: I'm going to dance what I want to dance! Look at me go! These steps are not "strictly ballroom."
His Mom: Nooooooooooooooo!
His Coach: Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!
His Partner: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
His Dad: Yesssssssssssssssss.
Gross Rival Dude: Hello. I am stealing your partner now, as we are both platinum blondes with a penchant for wearing yellow.
Scott: What will I dooooooooooooooooooo?
Fran: I know I might look like an ugly duckling, but I promise you, I will blossom into a swan.
[they learn to DANCE together and at the same time...learn to LOVE]
Scott's Dad: I used to dance too...
[there is a CRAZY FLASHBACK SEQUENCE that is VINTAGE LUHRMANN]
Fran's Family: No, you cannot see this man anymore!
Scott: But I want to learn the pasadoble.
Fran's Family: Oh. Well. Then you are welcome here.
[they dance their OWN STEPS at the PAN-PACIFIC GRAND PRIX]
Head of the Dance Federation: I tried to fix the competition, but I was thwarted! And my toupee came off!! Nooooooooooooo!
[Fran and Scott WIN, or DON'T WIN, because they don't TELL YOU, because all that matters is that they're IN LOVE and they LOVE DANCING]

1 comment:

Gretchen Alice said...

First, thanks for stopping by! Second, I freaking love this movie. Your summary is Teh Awesome. Baz is one of my heroes.