6.20.2008

Sight Unseen: The Love Guru


Backstory: My (g)chat status today is a quote from the New York Times' review of this movie: '“The Love Guru” is downright antifunny, an experience that makes you wonder if you will ever laugh again.' This is a conversation I had about it.
Katharine: ok did you actually see this? or is this a quote from a review?
cause i have to say- i did read the review in the highly regarded "metro" this morning- and they trashed it
me: oh, it's a quote
from the times
i liked how dramatic it was
YOU WILL NEVER LAUGH AGAIN
Katharine: haha
me: i would only see it if i was guaranteed a lot of money
or, like, sex with paul rudd
Katharine: i can't believe they reviewed it!
hahah!
i would see it for free popcorn
but that's the difference between you and me
our standards
me: ok, i'd probably do it for like $50
Katharine: oh yeah me too for sure
me: or a paul rudd makeout
Katharine: that be hott
me: or like some really good cheese
Katharine: oh yeah totally
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[it is INDIA]
Mike Myers: Not since Ben Kingsley has a white dude portrayed an Indian dude with such aplomb and dignity!
[he says a CATCHPHRASE and FARTS or something]
Justin Timberlake: Bonjour, mademoiselle. Remember 'ow funny I was in zat "Dick in a Box" video? Keep zat in your mind. It will be better zan zees reedeeculous feelm.
Mike Myers: Do you like my ridiculous mustache? Or my zany, hilarious accent? Or my many soon-to-be popular catchphrases that I have constructed expressly for that purpose? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE LOVE ME.
Jessica Alba: I'm really hot. That is all.
[two ELEPHANTS bone on an ICE RINK and it is COLD]
Mike Myers: Fuck it, you guys should just go watch Wayne's World. This movie is excellent. Not.

5 comments:

JK said...

This just reminded me how happy I am that I didn't spend any money to go see this or even waste the time for someone else to spend money for me to see it.

Bayjb said...

I have LITERALLY no desire to see this. Mostly because I can predict all the lame lines and unfunny jokes. Bummer too because I love Colbert.

BeckEye said...

It's amazing how I just glanced at this quickly and my eyes immediately focused on "Paul Rudd."

Mmmmmmm. Paul Rudd.

Movie Maven said...

DELICIOUS.

Ilana said...

Here, here!